We did a similar repair on a cheap French Horn we picked up at a
school auction ($5.00) that was nearly closed about half way around
the outer coil. Kept pulling larger diameter plugs through with heavy
weed whacker cord til we got it to an acceptable shape. Some silver
solder and a few key pads later, and we had a good student horn.

--
OK Don
W124 Diesels