Kemp museum, scenic wine country rally followed by an
Italian dinner sounds GREAT. I will come and imagine
that 2 other MB dieselers I work with will come too.
Now do I bring the SD or the TD? Wife's new TD is
REALLY growing on me :-)

Chris

--- tom savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I've been thinking a bit more about the idea of a St
> Louis get together,
> and I've come up with the following ideas:
>
> Date:  I am thinking that perhaps October 22 might
> be good.  It is still
> far enough in advance to make arrangements
> (hopefully), but the weather
> should still be decent, with fall colors still in
> bloom.  Our
> illustrious leader can likely make the trip all the
> way from Oklahoma
> this weekend, as well.  Would this date cause any
> problems for any
> interested parties?
>
> Actvities:  The Kemp Auto Museum
> (http://kempautomuseum.com/) will of
> course be the centerpiece of the event.  It isn't
> huge, but we could
> easily spend hours there.  Afterwards we could stage
> an impromtu
> concours d'oilleak on the museum forecourt.  What
> else we do depends on
> the desires of attendees, ie carcentric,
> familycentric, raucous
> hellraisingcentric, etc.
>
> There are many great winding country roads through
> the wine country of
> nearby St Charles county that would make for a nice
> senic
> tour/rallye/inaugural run of the Chesterfield Valley
> Grand Prix (to be
> contested under Formula Diesel rules; SL owners must
> first sign release
> form).
>
> There's also the St Louis Science Center
> (http://www.slsc.org/) and City
> Museum (http://citymuseum.org/) if you're looking
> for something more
> family-oriented (and fun for kids of all ages).  And
> of course there's
> this big arch-shaped thing downtown.
>
> St Louis also is home to a great Italian district
> with many excellent
> restaurants (http://www.diningstl.com/TheHill.htm).
>
> The "what do we do" is pretty malleable, depending
> on how many people
> come from out of town, how long you wish to stay,
> and so on.  The date
> is fairly flexible, too, if a lot of people have
> conflicts that weekend.
>
> So please let me know if you're interested, or if
> you have any thoughts
> about what to do, or when to do it.  This sounds
> like fun.
>
> Tom

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1987 300TD, 149K miles, "Rotkäppchen"
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)

-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 101K miles, "The Van" - FOR SALE!!!! $6500 (and that's
a good deal).

Yahoo! for Good