Fmiser wrote:

One of my favorite road sections is MO94 from Dutow (MO47) to about 4
miles west of Defiance - as long as there aren't too many slow-pokes...

Another decent, shorter section is Cnty "W" from Eureka to House
Springs.

You have excellent taste! Most of my experience with the widing roads of Missouri wine country has been behind the wheel of a Brown, alas; I was probably one of those slow-pokes. Sorry about that...

Or IL3 from Chester to Cairo - though I suppose that's a bit too far
from STL.

Well, IL 3 does run right up next to the river through East St Louis and the Sauget strip club district. Very close to St Louis, but perhaps an area we would be wise to avoid.

IL100 from Alton to Grafton is also a pretty drive.

It is, and it goes on seemingly forever. But there's just something about the straight and flat that leaves me wanting.

Tom
Still whittling down the choices for next weekend.