Ok. So if there aren't any 3 liter engines with hydraulic lifters then is the 2.5 engine as powerful as the older 3.0 liter and is it the same physical size or smaller? I guess I will need the correct transmission to go along with it. If so I hope it is as strong as the older one.

I want to install a diesel into an older Jeep Cherokee but also want to avoid having to adjust valves all the time. So a smaller sized engine is good.

HMMM if it was in the G class that would mean that it can have the 4wd option also, Can't it. That would be cool as long as it has the same power of the 3.0. If not then I guess I will have to do valves just like with my 300D.

Manfred