The lines for the blue flying saucer? Better shifts, and less sensitivity to plugging of an orifice.

Thats a vacuum summer/amplifier; it will take the input from the throttle position valve (metered vacuum) and the input from the boost pressure of the turbo, and output (from a separate vacuum source) 0-15 in.hg. of vacuum to the tranny modulator.

Based on just the throttle position, it will range from 5-15 in.hg. or so of vacuum, and then the boost can depress it an additional 5 in.hg. (at full boost)...

The added benefit is that the shifting is much less sensitive to plugging of orifices (specifically the one in the tee of the big vacuum line that supplies the transmission vacuum)...

If it were me, I'd transplant the blue flying saucer and the new vacuum stuff for the transmission (as well as the modified ALDA bolt...) You'll LIKE the new shifts :)

-j.

--
John Reames
Home: +1-410-664-6986