The tandem pump in my 89 300TE makes a growling noisy and vibrates at 1300rpm, fine at idle and above 1500rpm. Got the missus to turn the steering wheel while I held the motor at 1300rpm but made no difference to the noise. Power steering is fine and ride level control seems to be working OK, fluid is being pumped as I can see it flowing back into the reservoir. Is this noise an indication that the pump is heading south, are there any other tests I can do? I eliminated the AC compressor but it may be the water pump but like I said the tandem pump is vibrating, whilst the water pump is not. Ahh well the good news is that it is not the motor or the gearbox because when the fan belt is removed the noise is gone. Unfortunately I can't run components individually, this is an advantage of the multi belt set up.

Hendrik
with an attention seeking 300TE