Jim,

Send it back, go to the local computer shop and get a Siig chip based USB card.

https://macosx.com/forums/howto-faqs/271344-pci-usb-firewire-cards.html

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6821171

clay

On Feb 5, 2009, at 9:14 PM, Jim Cathey wrote:

So I paid extra for the Sonnet Tango 2.0 (FWUSB2A) Firewire/USB
board for my Mac, because that particular board is supposed to
work as-is, without extra drivers, on any Mac and/or OS of my
vintage.  Specifically listed on the sales literature is my
exact computer (Beige G3 desktop), and my exact OS (10.2.8).
Newer and older machines and OS's are listed.  No special requirements
are noted for my machine or OS.

Naturally, it doesn't work.  It crashes on boot, after it loads the
AppleFWOHCI.kext module.  Thinking that I might have had leftover
cruft from my previous USB card debacle, I reinstalled 10.2.8 from
scratch (as an archive and reinstall), no difference.  I booted from
an OS9 CD and disabled this kernel extension, and now it can come up.
Without any signs of life on the USB ports, of course.

So, no new digicam activity to report here.

-- Jim