Attended USCG OCS with a former Army CWO3 helo pilot -- maintenance pilot
and instructor pilot in the Chinook. He once told me that he had long ago
decided that if anything unrecoverable was about to happen inflight, he was
going to drop his flight suit and quickly ... er ... straddle the cyclic
prior to ground impact-- just to give the accident investigators something
to have to think really hard about and then report on.