That was a standard "landing" on EAL 727s into Washington National, after a very low sharp fast turn over the kink in the river just before "landing" to the south. I believe all the pilots were ex-Navy carrier types.

--R

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
heck, Im way younger than you old farts, and the last several times I have flown they look like kids to me also. In fact they are kids, they are probably right at the min age for a ATP ticket. Some of their flying skills show it as well. I have NEVER been scared on a plane except the last time I flew. This big fat dumb looking kid heads up to the cockpit flying out of houston into Tulsa. When landing at tulsa, he comes in WAY too hight, has to SLAM it down, throw on the thrust reversers full power, slam on the brakes. IN the mean time, its raining so we are sliding as well, everybody just about slammed into the back of the seats. It was bad.

Peter Frederick wrote:
The regional aircraft are the "beginner lanes" these days. Most of them look like kids to me, too, but then I'm past the half century mark.

Peter