On EAL it was quite true. The only thing missing were the arresting wires at National. Those old 727s could take a LOT of abuse.

--R

Wonko the Sane wrote:
There is more truth to that than you realize -- plus lots of USAF fighter
pilots (i.e., Sully).

I can't back this up with data right now, but I'd wager than at least 50% of
the current airline captains (including the puddle jumpers) got their flight
training in the military. Maybe higher. Navy has a strong representation
because the guys got tired of being deployed for six/nine months on
carriers, and opted for staying at home with the family and flying for the
airlines. I personally know at least three ex-Coasties who are Captains for
either US Air or Delta.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Rich Thomas <