Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] European Headlights

Speaking of European headlights, I just retrofitted my C140 (S500 coupe) with a brand new pair of European OEM Bosch Xenon headlight units. With the help of WIS and a little ingenuity, I now have probably the best upgrade I have ever done; that includes the W126 Bosch euros I installed in my 300SDL.

Overall, it was a fairly easy install and the city light hookup was similar to that of other European headlights. The one downside is that the city light bulbs (W5W) still give off that yellow glow even with the Xenon's on. In an effort not to look ricey, I will probably have to live with it; although I do have a pair of Philips BlueVision W5W bulbs on the way from the UK. Hopefully they are tasteful and pure white but if they look even the slightest bit blue, I will keep the original W5W bulb in. I know the whole blue tint argument, but these are 5W city lights we are talking about so I'm
hardly worried about lumen output.

On the subject of comparing European headlights in a RHD vehicle versus LHD, the only difference in the two units is the lens. The refractory pattern on
the glass is different for the aforementioned setups. For European
headlights on a W123, W124 or W126, the lenses are fairly cheap compared to a W140 or C140. If you can get the headlight units for a steal, it still may
be worth buying them and changing the lens.

On another note, if anyone needs a complete W126 headlight switch bezel with vacuum adjuster switch, I have two available. It definitely compliments the complete W126 European headlight setup and is great when actually used for
the level adjustment.

I also have 3 European warning triangle brackets available for the W126 and
3 available for all other models (W123, W124, W140, etc.)

Inquire for prices.

TE