LarryT wrote:
Anyway - I was thinking about a pair of european headlights for my 1991 300D W124. Although they look better I believe the lights provide better lighting also.

They definitely look better and have a MUCH better beam pattern! Since the US beam pattern is so horrible, I wouldn't worry about spending the $500 for a pair of "proper" Bosch or Hella euro headlights from Rusty. Instead, check out eBay and get TYC or Depo brand headlights. They are probably 90% of the headlight, but at 50% the price. I have the ones below on my 2.5T, and they work great. One thing though, do plan on buying new H4s from Rusty, since the "blue" bulbs that come with those lights look horrible and are dim.

http://www.katmac.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=KI&Product_Code=W124HL&Category_Code=EHQ

HTH!
John