From: Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Alternator (and other) lamps are on
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Monday, February 23, 2009, 10:55 AM

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:30:44 -0800, "Barry Stark" <barryst...@roadrunner.com> said:

I had these exact symptoms on my '81 SD and sure enough brushes were
worn to a nubbins. Be advised, if you have to drive home with the
headlights you may not make it as you will be running on the battery
only so try and get home or to a shop before dark. Even in daylight if
you have to jump it to start you may be driving without brake lights.
Use caution. On the positive side, a new regulator assy. and all was
well.

Is there one regulator/brush assembly, or a pair?

Allan
--
1983 300D