Time off counts, which may be OK for you and may not, but it IS compensation and it's tangible. Not getting fired is NOT tangible compensation.

If you document hours worked and are denied compensation (which I strongly recommend, by the way), the Labor Relations Board will be interested..... You are in fact due compensation for each hour worked. Not shift differential or weekend pay, necessarily.

Peter

On Mar 8, 2009, at 8:23 PM, Michael LaFleur wrote:

People get paid for this? Neither I (automotive engineer) nor my wife (RN in research) have ever been paid for more than 8 hrs/day, weekend work, or weekend travel.

If I was, I'm owed about $100k conservatively.

What industry pays for this? I'm switching!

Mike LaFleur

________________________________
From: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: Diesel List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 3:28:55 PM
Subject: [MBZ] OT: Work travel

Hey,

Quick off topic. Does anybody travel for work? We've just been informed that from now on we won't be getting any extra pay for weekend work, off shift work or weekend travel. Previously we'd been given comp days for weekend travel and differential pay for off-shift and weekend work.

I *think* I'm an exempt employee which makes this all nicely legal although totally aggrevating. It doesn't affect me all that much but there are some folks here that will be pissed. Has anybody delt with this sort of thing before? Sounds like we're up the creek and short of leaving (not real likely in this environment) we have no way to fight it.

We've basically been told this will happen or "There will be layoffs"...

</vent>

-Curt