I tried it propped up near the ceiling, and it was better than the whip, but
I got three more stations with it 32 ft. up the mast. I'm 25 to 30 miles
from the transmitters. I'm afraid that the receiver isn't up to the task of
DX work.
I suspect that the s/n ratio would be improved with a reflector behind the
array.
Yes - that was supposed to be 8" - silly shift key!

--
OK Don
W124 Diesels