Could be something got past the filter on the old tranny and into the cooler. When you put the new one on you probably didn't flush or at least blow the old fluid out of the cooler. That crap then got into the replacement tranny and screwed that one up. Try taking the governor out and clean it real good in clean diesel or mineral spirits and blow out with clean air several times. Make sure you can see the little valve in the center of the governor shaft moving as you push the 'wings' up and down. It may not help but it's easier then taking the valve body off.

Manfred

Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 18:32:31 -0500
From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <ka...@striplin.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Audi diesel

Oh I have no doubt about that.  Probably nothing really wrong with the
1st one except something got gummed up inside.  Only strange thing
though is on the 1st one I even swapped the valve body, so problem must
have been in the governor or something.  But the really wierd part is
why the 2nd one was working great, they all the sudden decided not to
cooperate.