It's coming up on 2 years and has worked fine.  I had an incident under
warranty that really wasn't a warranty issue, but they didn't charge me for it
(which was nice.)

Dummy me, who ALWAYS reads the directions for everything, forgot that there is
a sort of "sump" in these things that has to be cleaned out every 6 months or
so.  It's not a big deal to do, maybe takes about 20 minutes at most and just a
bucket and a 1/4 socket.

Anyway, since all the nasty crap that accumulates down there over time, of you
don't drain it regularly it develops a nasty smell, as you might expect.

As soon as I described the problem to the tech, he just chuckled and showed me
how to drain and clean it.

While LG and other imports are nice, they were too pricey for us, and we also
had no need for features like "steam" and the like.  I think we got the GE at
Lowe's on sale for around $700 including tax, which I thought was a good deal.

I will tell you that it definitely holds a LOT more than a top-loader, which
would be especially important for you with a bunch of youngsters in the house.
It amazes me how much I can cram into mine....

Dan