> ...I've? also driven a perfectly running 1977 300D automatic across the?
> country, and got ~25mpg....

When my '78 300D had about 40K miles on it, I drove it one summer day from
San Mateo CA to Redding CA in about four hours at a steady 65-70 mph. All
Interstate and close to sea level. Fuel level was topped up to the same level
on both ends of the trip.

28.5 mpg that trip and I'm convinced that's the best it could do. BTW, pump
timing was spot-on and the injectors were all perfect. Hell, my C300 3.0
V-6 can do better than that.

RLE

Great deals on Dell’s most popular laptops – Starting at
$479
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220029082x1201385915/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B213969145%3B35701480%3Bh)