To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300D mileage

Larry,
I don't have as detailed records as you do for our 90 300D 2.5t.  But our
mileage when I have checked it exactly parallels your data-with similar
drving habits.   Only once did I get 32, a couple  31 mpg tanks and rest
28-30.  One winter tank was 27.x  mpg.

I totally agree with you about the car-seems if the 240D always needs some
tinkering but the 124 300D just goes. oh
BTW-I need to do an oil analysis on the 300D again-I have two kits left.
Dwight

Dwight E. Giles, Jr.
1978 240D 4 speed. 218K miles.
1979 240D- auto -250K + miles. (SOLD).