From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:47 pm
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - IBM Working to Integrate ALL Med Records

drcscru...@aol.com wrote:?
> Now every insurance company will want this information to evaluate whether or
> not you are a good risk ?
Back in 2003, my employer wanted to buy me a cheap high deductible health
insurance policy. Since he would pay the $76 a month, he got to choose the
company and the policy. I looked at the application, and the waiver/release I
had to sign, something to the effect that I authorized everybody on the planet
to tell the insurance company anything it wanted to know, and in turn I
authorized the company to broadcast it in any manner it chose to do so. I'm
serious, it was a blanket waiver of all privacy, including (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
medical and credit histories.?
My boss thought I was being a baby for refusing to sign that, because he was
sure the insurance company wouldn't do the things that it demanded I give it
permission to do.?
?
I told him I wanted a new employment contract, that gave me the right to shoot
his dog anytime I felt like it. He didn't have any reason not to sign that,
because I didn't have any need to shoot his dog as far as he knew, but I
refused to do business with him unless he authorized me to shoot his dog. He
told me I was an asshole. True, but totally beside the point, which was the
contract I was hypothetically asking him for was no different from the one that
the insurance company, I think it was Humana, was demanding from me.?
?
Mitch.?
?