Tom wrote:
> For example, if they give you
> the wrong stuff, you could die in the ER from heart failure or internal
> bleeding.
>
> With an on-line system, the attending physician can pull up your records and
> adjust your treatment accordingly.

The thing wrong with this wonderful provision is the assumption that
it will work in this manner.  It probably won't, and then you have
that bit of toothpaste out from the tube.

Let a few of us die with our privacy of information rather than have
some mindless machine house it for our benefit.

OTOH, what is wrong with any information about me/you?  Whether it
ever helps me/you, who cares what they know - they already know it
anyway - it is merely a semantics arguement.
mao