Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:47:24 -0500
From: "Tom Hargrave" <tharg...@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] SATA controller?
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt,

The best setup is a RAID 10 with 4, 6 or 8 drives.

Stay away from the cheap controllers - they are junk. Also, you want a true
hardware RAID controller.

Here's a good one for 2 drives:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816116030

If you want to get real serious, here's a 12 port RAID card that should
perform well:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816116057

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave