Yep. That's basically it.

The drives may or may not have the 4-Pin Molex power receptacle you
see on IDE drives and may or may not come with a power adapter. Make
sure you have the right adapter if you are installing bare drives
without plugging them into a backplane. Here is an example of an
adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Pin-IDE-to-Serial-ATA-SATA-Power-Adapter-Cable_W0QQitemZ250412048321QQihZ015QQcategoryZ74941QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
If you don't want to order from Hong Kong, these people have them for
$0.80 each:
http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-Power-cable-internal/dp/B000234OEI/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240603469&sr=8-1

Then you need data cable(s)
Individual data cables are ~ $1 each with shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Serial-ATA-SATA-RAID-DATA-HDD-Hard-Drive-CDROM-Cable_W0QQitemZ220384587121QQihZ012QQcategoryZ74941QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
If you have a case with a backplane (typically rackmount) then you
have to make sure the data cable ends match. Once you go above 4-12
drives, everyone uses one of several multi-drive cable types. Here is
a good site showing the basics:
http://cooldrives.stores.yahoo.net/saiandsaiiin.html
Then there are 4 different MultiLane cable types that handle 4 or 8
drives apiece. If you use a controller with a multilane connector and
don't have a case with a backplane, you need fan-out cable(s) to go to
individual drives. Fan-out cables need to match the connector on the
board. Be careful because some are pinned to fanout from the
controller card, others are pinned to fan out from the backplane.

Amazon has a good price on 1.5Tb SATA Drives - $127
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-7200-11-Cache-ST31500341AS/dp/B00066IJPQ/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240603086&sr=8-1
Those come without power or data cables. They do not have the Molex
power receptacle - you need a sata power connector.

The 2Tb drive are still a bit pricey at ~ $300.
http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Caviar-Green-WD20EADS/dp/B001RB1TIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240604141&sr=1-1

The early 1.5Tb Segate's were buggy. You need to update the firmware
on them. Amazon is currently selling the fixed version. All the ones I
saw that needed updating came from Dell.

If you are thinking about getting a large drive - better plan on
getting 2 and backing up one to the other periodically. 1.5 Tb is an
insane amount of space - but it's an even bigger amount of data to
lose.

We now archive only to SATA at work. They are faster, cheaper, and
more reliable than tape.

HTH

-Dave Walton