Whaa? I've got a 300GB IDE drive in this computer right now. SCSI harddrives
basically maxed out at 146GB...

I've seen IDE drives up to 500GB but not larger.

-Curt

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:39:34 -0400
From: "LarryT" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] SATA controller?
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Hey Dave -- That sounds really good!  Help me understand what the PCI card
will do.  I can install the card then run power & Data wires to SATA drives
installed inside my desktop case, right?    That sounds like just the thing!
ATA & IDE HDs are becoming more hard to find in large capacities.  Most are
200gb or less.

SATA though is very different - even sizes up to 1TB are in the $100-$130
range, and these will really add to internal storage.

Thx for the help Dave - Appreciate it -

LarryT
Porsche Posters!! And
Oil Analysis at youroil.net.