Thank you Ernest.  That is also my father's name, Ernest John.  I am running
a 1984 300D which has, to my understanding, a very robust IP.
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]on Behalf Of ernest breakfield
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 2:51 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Doing SVO Wrong

hi Michael!

    not sure what vehicle you're running this with; some IPs are much
more tolerant of this kind of (ab)use than others.

    FWIW, research around and you'll see that Frybrid has what we'll
call very *mixed* feedback; understand that what you're doing is in the
experimental stages, and not a Sure Thing by any means.

    key point seems to be making sure the oil is truly hot enough for
proper pumping and atomization at injection, and running the engine long
enough often enough to keep it all thoroughly warmed up.

good luck!

cheers!

Michael E. Esh wrote:
> Here is the site of the system I am currently using to burn waste
vegetable
> oil. (WVO)  I simple filter the oil using a small centrifuge.  I do not
> process it into bio diesel.  What I am doing is very safe.  This site
> explains the process very clearly.
> http://www.frybrid.com/svo.htm
>
> Thanks,
>
> mike

[snip]

--
I am crewing on the Motorcycle Safety Crew for the AIDS LifeCycle ride
from SF to LA for a week in June to raise money for the fight against