Steve & Peter,

I believe you just made the argument against burning WVO that I was trying
to figure out how to type.

The issues are:

You need a relatively complex, relatively expensive system to properly run
WVO in your Mercedes including 2 tanks (original diesel & added WVO).

You need a multi-stage heating system.

You need to remember to switch between fuels.

The fuel source is unreliable & unrepeatable. And because of this, you
always risk engine damage.

The engine must be in excellent shape. If not then you risk engine damage.

With everything the two of you pointed out, I wonder why anyone would risk a
WVO system in their Mercedes when you are a few steps away from BIO-diesel.

The advantages of BIO-diesel are:

Much more consistent quality. The WVO quality will vary from load to load
and the conversion process is modified with each batch to cover this
variation. The end result is a much more consistent product.

You still burn a waste oil source.

No modifications needed to the fuel system.

No special heaters.

No second fuel tank.

No need to remember to switch back & forth between fuels.

Minimal risk to the engine.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com