Mitch Haley wrote:
Loren Faeth wrote:
Problem is that the older OS must be installed first for a dual boot system using 2 M$ os's. That means you need a "real" Wissta install cd.

I hope to get around it thusly:

1. Partition 25GB, 25GB, 50GB and 850GB. (done)

2. Install wista on the 50GB. (done)

3. Make wista partition inactive.

4. Install XP-SP3 on a 25GB.

It failed right here, and in a way I didn't expect.
The slipstreamed SP3 install disk refused to recognize my product ID code, which had worked fine the last three times I installed XP on this computer without SP3. Now I need the service pack in order to recognize the huge hard drive.

I'm about ready to buy Norton Ghost (or look for a freeware equivalent) and make a copy of my existing XP drive to put on the new drive.

Mitch.