andrew strasfogel wrote:
I was told to REMOVE all the window tinting on my 85 300TD wagon to comply
with their rules & regulations.  Major bummer.  Has anyone BTDT and can
recommend a plan of action for me?  There are a grand total of 7 glass panes
that I must scrape and treat, including the rear hatch glass.  The latter is
my biggest concern - I don't want to break any of the sensor wires.

1. Register it in VA.
2. Swap hatches with the other wagon if you want to save your defroster grid.
Swap back after inspection. Careful, that hatch is heavy.

Mitch.