To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] who has to live in the real world

We must have had dramitacially different experiences with insurance over the years. I've been a State Farm customer since the early 70s and in that time we have had 2 cars totalled - 1 by my BIL - another when my wife was hit by a county deputy. Also, my son was driving a car we owned when he was in an accident (his fault) - the isnurance fixed it even though the body shop low-balled the initial estimate and kept "finding" more problems until the repair was near the value - yet SF paid with never a problem - they paid for the 2 totalled cars (97 Chrysler & 92 Olds) with what I considered were completely fair values. They also paid the medical bills even though our healt insurance had already paid - my agent said send the bills and we'll pay them - "you pay for the coverage and you sould use it" he says.

They never tried to get out of paying a valid claim. We also haveour home insured with them - when a huricane hit a few years ago we owned 2 homes - they paid to repair all damage using an estimate I came up with - when I was waiting for the power co to fix the main feed to the house before other repairs could proceed SF called to ask if they could help. All of this was at a time when there were thousands of homes damaged that were covered by SF.

I have no reason to cmplain about SF insurance - they always pay fully and quickly. I recently changed the kind of coverage on the 911 to a Antique Tag insurance - they valued my 74 911's Limit of Liability at $20K - a very good value IMO. I'd probably have trouble getting more than 15k if I tried to sell it since the market is down.

All the above and my payments are very reasonable.

can't imagine why you have so much trouble with insurance?

Read the Constitution
once in a while -
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.overview.html
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mountain Man" <maontin....@gmail.com>