By bizarre coincidence, both of the 240Ds I recently acquired have  the same
issue, though to different degrees. It looks like they in the past had very
light front-end shunts, just enough to wrinkle the fenders a touch at the
front, and to make the hood hard to open -- binds against the cowl panel
when you try to lift it.

I was going to send one to the inspection station that way and let them
complain about it if they chose to, but now I'm chickening out.

Now I am assuming (always a dangerous word when I get around cars) that what
is needed here is some gentle but very determined leverage, to push the hood
forward again. So my question is, how to best do this? Along the rear edge
of the hood? At the hinges?

There is no visual indication where the buckle is, and the hood pretty much
latches/releases okay.

Thanks

Mac
Aylmer, Quebec