Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 08:12:08 -0500
From: Loren Faeth <lfa...@leadingchange.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Kid cars WAS: 1995 Mercedes-Benz E300 DIESEL 149k miles
    - $4450
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

I told my daughter 7-8 years ago (who wanted an SLK) that I would get
her the car of her choice as long as it was under $5000.  She is now
24.  I  thought I was safe, because I didn't think any SL or SLK
could be bought for $5000 or less.

She found several 380SLs in Chicago, SO, off we went.  She got her
car for under 5k.

THe 380SL has not been without repair, but the repairs have been
pretty minor.  The caveat is that she is an MB fan.

I like 123 240D or 300D as a kids car.  They are as near
undestructable as can be found, and will tolerate a lot of abuse.
#1 son got the 200D.  He still has it also.  It has been
undestructable, other than rust.