If there's a crooked/tricky buck to be made, some sorry etc. will find a way to do it.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "LarryT" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] check your credit card due dates

Hi all -
Along with the change in due dates they will also change the address to send the payment to. I use Bill Pay thru my bank and was hit with a late fee ($39) because it arrived a day too late.

  Two words for credit card companies -- Highway bandits.

I'm in the process of selling some stock and paying off/closing the cards that charge more than 6.99% APR. I plan to live on the debit card - no more charging - just debit. It's way to easy to carry a balance - then it grows and grows.

My biggest problem was building a lifestyle around my professional career - which wasn't a problem because my income covered my expenses and allowed some savings too. Then I became disabled and had to go on SS Disability. It pays pretty good ( not good enough considering all I paid into the system over 30 years) -- compared to what I used to bring home it's around 20%. It takes some budgeting finesse to pay the bills on time. Couldn't do it without my wife working as a RN - glad she went to school when the kids were grown - it was like an insurance policy.

Naturally it's best to live as modestly as possible - you never know when things will go to $hit and it'll be totally out of your control.

   Having her health insurance is almost as valuable as her take home pay.

But no more charge cards for me - ;-)

LarryT
91 300D

HR 45 would require any person owning a firearm to obtain a federal
firearms license. To apply for this license, you must provide a
thumb-print & medical records.  Ask your Reps to Vote Against HR45!
,
----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu>