Being a merchant, I just realized that a "new" card offer for my MC debit card
that allowed me to earn points was just a way to scam off of merchants.

Seems if you read the fine print the only time you get points are when you use
the debit card as a CC, i.e., when a merchant is paying a healthy transaction
fee.

In other words, the bank is trying to shift the debit card activity (minimal
fee revenue for bank) to the credit card side, which generates a lot more
revenue for them.

I cut it up and continue to use my regular debit card.

Dan