To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Some 123 parts (new) and some 113 parts (new and used) FS

It's usually called the auxiliary water pump.  I've owned  five W123
turbodiesels and two normal diesels (W115 and W123), and driven well over
200k miles on these six vehicles. In total, I have replaced two aux. pumps
in all that driving, so it's fair to say they are NOT prone to failure,
contrary to your statement.  It's the main H20 pump that fails with
regularity.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Richard Hattaway