It sucks that I have to be in florida that weekend. I bet I get blown away by a hurricane.

tom savage wrote:

Hello folks, the prodigal organizer returns. Things have been pretty busy around here lately, but planning for next weekend has not fallen by the wayside.

Deneal Schilmeister and I met yesterday to discuss plans and a timetable. Here's what we've got:

Meet at the museum at 10:00 or 11:00. If people are coming from far away on Saturday morning, we'll probably need to meet later. If most folks are nearby or arriving Friday night, we can meet earlier. You'll have to let me know. A group of car guys can easily spend several hours in the museum, and another hour or two in the parking lot BSing and checking out each other's rides.

From there, we can have lunch before heading out on our drive, if desired, or we can hit the road directly. The museum is in Chesterfield, about 20-30 miles from downtown St Louis, and just a stone's throw from wineries and excellent driving roads.

One thought we had yesterday was to stop at a winery or two and perhaps take a tour, attend a tasting, and have dinner. This will work especially well for folks who will need to hit the road early to get home, as we won't have to drive back in to the city. If there's no consensus on this, it is no problem to stick with the original plan of having dinner on The Hill, St Louis' Little Italy.

Deneal is currently scouting out the best deal on hotels near the museum for those who will be staying overnight and we shold hear from him soon. I'm finding out that Sunday evening and Monday is not the best time to research dinner options as most places are closed, but I promise to have much more to report tomorrow evening.

I'd appreciate an RSVP as either a "definate" or "still tentative" from interested parties so we know about what to expect and if we need reservations for dinner, and so on. Please let me know at mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We look forward to seeing you!

Tom