Tom,

I am tentative till Wednesday. My wife is due on the
29th. She is not too comfy with my being 4 hours away
if she goes into labor. She has a Dr. appointment on
Wed. and she will give us an idea of how far the baby
has dropped, any dilation, etc. If early delivery is
likely, I (DAMMIT!) can't come. If Dr. says "still got
a while" then I'll be there.

I'll let you know Wed.

AS for my opinion on the events:

Kemp
BS
lunch & BS
BS
drive
BS
winery tour (always fun)
BS
dinner wherever & BS
BS
home

Hope I can come.

Chris

--- tom savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello folks, the prodigal organizer returns.  Things
> have been pretty
> busy around here lately, but planning for next
> weekend has not fallen by
> the wayside.
>
> Deneal Schilmeister and I met yesterday to discuss
> plans and a
> timetable.  Here's what we've got:
>
> Meet at the museum at 10:00 or 11:00.  If people are
> coming from far
> away on Saturday morning, we'll probably need to
> meet later.  If most
> folks are nearby or arriving Friday night, we can
> meet earlier.  You'll
> have to let me know.  A group of car guys can easily
> spend several hours
> in the museum, and another hour or two in the
> parking lot BSing and
> checking out each other's rides.
>
>  From there, we can have lunch before heading out on
> our drive, if
> desired, or we can hit the road directly.  The
> museum is in
> Chesterfield, about 20-30 miles from downtown St
> Louis, and just a
> stone's throw from wineries and excellent driving
> roads.
>
> One thought we had yesterday was to stop at a winery
> or two and perhaps
> take a tour, attend a tasting, and have dinner.
> This will work
> especially well for folks who will need to hit the
> road early to get
> home, as we won't have to drive back in to the city.
>  If there's no
> consensus on this, it is no problem to stick with
> the original plan of
> having dinner on The Hill, St Louis' Little Italy.
>
> Deneal is currently scouting out the best deal on
> hotels near the museum
> for those who will be staying overnight and we shold
> hear from him soon.
>   I'm finding out that Sunday evening and Monday is
> not the best time to
> research dinner options as most places are closed,
> but I promise to have
> much more to report tomorrow evening.
>
> I'd appreciate an RSVP as either a "definate" or
> "still tentative" from
> interested parties so we know about what to expect
> and if we need
> reservations for dinner, and so on.  Please let me
> know at mailto:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> We look forward to seeing you!
>
> Tom

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1987 300TD, 150K miles, "Rotkäppchen" (Little Red Riding Hood)
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle) running
WVO/WMO/LO/CO/WATF/WGL/WBF/DA/MS/lard/gas/kero/D2 mix (do not attempt this
unless you are willing to sacrifice your IP, injectors, pre-chambers, etc.)
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, snow blower, "One Banger"

http://mail.yahoo.com