On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:39 -0600, "Craig McCluskey" <diese...@pisquared.net>
wrote:

> We've gotten a quote from Pella and will be going to a Marvin show
> room in Santa Fe on Friday. Our next door neighbor just got Jen-Weld
> (sp?) replacement windows and the neighbor across the street had an
> addition put on with Windsor windows.

Our house has Pella windows.  Original owner, who also did most of the
construction, got them from Lowes.  Later we tried to get screens at a Pella
dealer and they said that the Pella windows Lowes sells are a lower grade line
and I would have to get the screens from Lowes.

Lowes said that was BS and was able to order the screens.

So.... make of that what you will.  It may be true that the best, most energy
efficient are only available from the franchised Pella dealers.

Allan
--
1983 300D