Could he search for information on replacement windows? We currently have
the original windows in our house, 1959 single-pane, steel casement
windows and are looking to replace them.

The beauty of single-pane windows is that they can last forever,
unless you break them.  Sealed double- and triple-pane windows
do not.  Most of the 1976-vintage double windows in our house have
failed already, we try not to notice all the streaks and crud
inside.  I found that Pella alone made NON-sealed double-pane
windows.  You can remove the panel and clean inside.  Marginally
less energy-efficient than the sealeds, at least for the N years
that a seal holds, but liable to last the life of the house with
care.  Unlike every stinkin' sealed window I've ever run into.

That's what's in our new addition.  Wasn't strictly to code
for new construction, but we got away with it.

-- Jim