I proceeded to do my usual very thorough and very professional inspection - of the building, that is. 'Course, during the four hours or so we were together, I couldn't help but do a thorough-enough visual check of her, too - very subtly and discreetly, of course. Don't forget, my eyesight is still very good, and I don't miss much. She was worthy, but as usual, I let it get away.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wonko the Sane" <don.b...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Just had my first bad experience with BMW

And THEN what happened?   :-)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:53 PM, WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

For several years I did private, independent home inspections, most often
for buyers.  About 9 years ago, I pulled up to a house to start and
inspection my client, a nice-looking woman maybe 45 or so, was on front
steps waiting for me.  When she saw my very good-looking, ivory '80
Mercedes, she jumped up and came running toward me squealing, "I didn't know
you were driving a Mercedes!"  I laughed and said to her, "We people are
sort of funny aren't we? I drove up in a $2500, 20-year-old, 84-horsepower,
Diesel-driven Mercedes and you got all excited.  If I had driven up in a
$35,000 pickup, you wouldn't have said a word."  We had a good laugh and
agreed.

Wilton

--
The young officer thought it very odd that his captain seemed to trust and
confide in his chiefs more than his wardroom, but mustang officers had their