'Just wish I could walk through one like I used to. 'A little tougher to get past mud holes on my scooter or pushing my walker. Also, people see me on the scooter or pushing the walker and think I'm blind, deaf, dumb, stupid, ignorant and helpless. Often, when I'm approaching a door on the scooter, people step out in front of to try to "help" me with door; I have to stop abruptly to keep from hitting them or running over their toes; then I've lost my momentum and it's hard to start again, especially it there's a slight incline at the door or to cross the threshold, etc. Actually< I can handle the doors very well myself, thank you. I try to thank them for helping and try to be tactful; SWMBO, though, says I'm not very tactful.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "ernest breakfield" <erne...@backyardengineering.org>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:53 PM
Subject: [MBZ] batteries (was: Re: 300CD on Jalopnik)

hi Curt!

Curt Raymond wrote:
Who doesn't want to live around the corner from a scrap yard? ;)

<hand in air>
   uh, me?   ;-)

Don't your battery retailers have a core charge when you get a new battery? Core charge is a ploy to get you to bring the old one back for proper disposal...

i haven't bought many in the last few years, but not for the last couple of batteries i've bought; one for my BMW moto (bought at dealer at discount), and the other an Optima for my J**p at a Costco. (we've already discussed the MBZ batt.)

cheers!

[snippage]