Well,

I found a nice $15 treadmill that *supposedly* worked. I wasn't able to test it out, but I decided to take a chance on it anyway. When I got it home and unfolded it, I noticed that the speed adjustment slider was broken off! After thinking for a second that I got taken, I immediately went into Cathey mode and thought how could I make it possible to adjust the speed on this thing! I probed down inside the adjuster's opening using a plastic adjustment screwdriver for rC car electronic speed controllers, and found the mechanism that the piece attached to. Then, I was able to get it running and adjust the speed, hey it works and it's even quiet and smooth!!!! With the use of a little contact cleaner, I got the mechanism sliding freely with the screwdriver. I discovered that there was a slot in the mechanism which allowed me to slide it back and forth, so I tried running a zip tie through it. I couldn't get it to loop back through and up the other side to tie it off, so I unscrewed the console far enough to get my hand in there to guide the tie under and through to the topside. I synched it tight, cut off the excess, and just like that, instant speed control that anyone can use! Now that I saved a perfectly good treadmill from plugging up the landfill, I'll be running on it!

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR, between MB diesels