there is no 3L engine in the 140.

John M McIntosh wrote:

I've heard the 3L engine is reasonable to haul the w140 around, I looked at one but bought the 5L instead. Fuel costs savings pale perhaps against ongoing maintenance costs since once you get past the engine wiring decay issue the 5L engine is quite robust, other things on the body require fixing on both models. I have heard although that the 3L suffer from blown head gaskets perhaps related to the stress of hauling
such a vehicle around, or perhaps it's due to poor maintenance.