I suppose fuel quality will have an impact. I have noticed there is a lot of differnce between 92 and 95 octane but not much between 95 and 98.

Hendrik

----- Original Message ----- From: "dave walton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] S320 vs. S350D.. or would that be S300D?!

For what it's worth, 21/28 is pretty much right on the actual mileage
I'm getting with my 94 S350. If anything, I do a bit better. I've
heard from friends driving cars running on gasoline that they never
achieve the mileage stated by the EPA estimates. Some do much worse. A
relative bought one of the little hybrids rated at 70 mpg and reports
never getting over 50, and usually getting 40 something. How does the
EPA actually come up with those numbers?
I would not recommend the S350 for city driving. It belongs on the
highway. Preferably ones with very long on-ramps of the down-hill
variety.

-Dave Walton
94 S350
99 E300