hi Don!

   not sure where you're talking about,...
   that the minority of the miles of I-5 that travel through some of the
metro areas can be miserable, but there are hundreds of miles of I-5
between Seattle and LAX that are completely unclogged. if you're only
going 75 MPH, you better stay to the right, and you're still going to
be holding up traffic.

cheers!