archer wrote:

Wife once ran a red light in a Beetle and got broadsided by a big Dodge sedan. The Beetle went airborne and landed across the intersection. Wife had only broken ribs and ankle even though she was hit on the drivers side.

I've probably said this here before.
My sister failed to yield to a large Buick back in 1974 while driving her husband's Gremlin. Speed limit was 65mph there IIRC. Got smacked right in the driver's door. Car was nearly turned inside out. Floor on the ground and roof 6' high. She was tossed around inside it like a rag doll. She broke the pelvic girdle and I believe some ribs. No broken arms/legs I'm pretty sure. She claims she survived that particular crash because she wasn't belted into the driver's side of the car when it was obliterated. Her little dog (puppy) was between the door and driver's seat IIRC. Not much left of the dog from what I heard.

Mitch.