I found out the cable was off, and proceeded to hook it back to the IP and now it is not willing to start when the knob gets pulled. It will go to glow, but I am not able to pull it further so that it engages the start circuit.

That cable is adjustable, in some manner.  You need to
adjust it so that it has enough travel to hit the
starter contacts.

What would work better would be a simple manual glow switch, and a push to start button. Probably pain in the rear to figure out the way to cut into the circuits.

Yeah, they combined all three systems on one easy-to-use knob.
Until it breaks, then it's a PITA.  But if you fix it right
you can go back to your nearly-unstealable stealth ignition
system.

-- Jim