On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:30:42 -0700 Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net>
wrote:

> That cable is adjustable, in some manner.  You need to
> adjust it so that it has enough travel to hit the
> starter contacts.
> Yeah, they combined all three systems on one easy-to-use knob.
> Until it breaks, then it's a PITA.  But if you fix it right
> you can go back to your nearly-unstealable stealth ignition
> system.

Yeah, what he said.

With the dash knob pushed all the way in, the cable has to push on the
injection pump lever to stop the engine.

With the dash knob in the "released" position, the pin on the injection
pump lever should be somewhere in the slot on the fitting on the end of
the start cable.

With the dash knob in the "start" position, the pin on the injection pump
should be against the front end of the slot on the fitting on the end of
the start cable and pulled a little more back than its normal operating
position. This causes the injection pump to put out more fuel so the
starting is easier.

It's indeed possible to correctly adjust the cable. When it's correctly
adjusted, everything works as designed.

If this isn't enough information, I can look through my 1973 Chilton's and
see if it has more. I may even scan the pages, but later, because I don't
have time right now.

Craig