I found some snow tires mounted on BMW wheels for my car.  I currently have
235/60/16 performance tires on my car.  I found a set of nearly new Dunlop
winter tires mounted.  They are 235/55/17.  According to an online tire
diameter calculator I found that represents a difference of only .26% in
diameter.  So, I think it will be okay to use these.  So, here are my questions:

Since the diameter of the tire is nearly identical, I guess that means its not
a problem to go up to 17 inch tires.  Is that right?

Has anybody had tires and wheels shipped?  The tires are 28 lbs each. I am
guess that the wheels weigh about 10 pounds each.  So, that's about 150-160 lbs
to ship.  They are in Michigan and I am in Kansas.  Just wondering if anyone
has any experience with this or suggestions for economical shipping.

Donald H. Snook