On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:
> The annoying part is that the gentle drivers, who are used to getting
> 200,000 miles out of any piece of crap, are getting 70,000 miles out of
> pre-2004 Ecotec engines because they don't rev them high enough to keep the
> oil pressure at the maximum.

Kind of like the people who baby diesels and end up carboning-up them
to death.  Back when I was shopping for an OM603 car a few years ago,
I test-drove a 300SDL owned by the proverbial little old lady.  She
was horrified when I floored it up an on-ramp, and said something like
"What are you doing?  You're going to blow up the engine!"  I didn't
buy that one.

Alex