From: "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,53310" <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:55 PM
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300D

It's not easy to get an accurate reading.  I was convinced that my
tranny was overfilled, took it to my Indie's garage and they said the
level was correct.  I measured it again and still found it to be
overfilled, maybe 1/2 inch above the top line.  It never made any noise.

Be sure you have the car parked, engine at idle.  Run the shift lever
slowly through all positions, then return to park and check the fluid
level.

Max